Complaint, Concern, Compliment
The Patient Ombudsman is responsible for investigating complaints related to Ontario’s hospitals, long-term care homes and home and community care services.
The Ontario Ombudsman is responsible for investigating complaints related to public sector bodies. The Ontario Ombudsman does not investigate hospitals, long-term care homes and home and community care services.
Regulated Health Professionals
All regulated health professionals belong to regulatory bodies called “Colleges”. If your complaint is only about a regulated health professional, such as a physician, nurse, physiotherapist, etc., you will need to contact the appropriate College. Click on Regulated Health Professionals for information.
To access the Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network Home and Community Care Services Feedback, Complaints, and Appeals information - click here.
Health Care Consent Act
The Health Care Consent Act (HCCA) is an Ontario law that has to do with the capacity to consent to treatment.
Request Form under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act/
Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act - click here.
One of the core values that guides our work is listening to feedback from Torontonians. Our Complaint, Concern, Compliment process provides people with a means of registering a health care complaint or concern, and feedback on what is working well related to the care they receive.
The process ensures follow-up and helps to identify potential systemic issues. We are committed to resolving or overseeing the resolution of a complaint in a timely manner. A review process is in place to record and ensure that reported complaints are addressed. All reported complaints will:
- Be received with courtesy and recorded accurately
- Be acted upon promptly and fairly
- Be confidential and protected
Provincial (Pan-LHIN) Guilding Principles for Complaints Management
To Provide Feedback:
1. About Home and Community Care Support Services - If you have a compliment, concern or complaint about home and community care support services, click here. Alternatively you can contact us via:
- Phone: 416-506-9888 ext. 2525
- Email: ClientExperience@tc.lhins.on.ca
- When filing a complaint by email, please ensure you address the following questions:
- What is the name of the health care organization your concern involves?
- What is your concern?
- Who did you speak to at the health care organization? What did they say?
- What would resolution of this complaint look like to you?
- Please also provide:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Your permission for the Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central to contact you regarding the specific concern.
- Your understanding that the information you provided may be used by the Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central to address your specific concern.
|250 Dundas Street West
2. About other Health Services Providers - If you have a compliment, concern or complaint about a health care service or provider other than home care, please contact Ontario Health:
Aaron Slater, Communications Specialist, Ontario Health
If you have concerns that relate to services provided or to be provided by someone else and not to you, please contact the Toronto Central LHIN directly for further instructions.
If you wish to receive a copy of the Toronto Central LHIN Complaint, Concern, Compliment policy, please contact us.
Protecting Your Privacy
If you have a concern that requires us to collect your personal information and you would like us to follow up, Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network and its staff may need to collect your personal information in accordance with theLocal Health System Integration Act, 2006 and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If we do need to collect your personal information, we will require your written consent.
Please click on one of the following consent forms, depending on your need:
If you have any questions about this collection and use of personal information please contact us at: ClientExperience@tc.lhins.on.ca.